Every new year, I like to make a whole bunch of resolutions and then give up on them approximately one day later.
Well, it's 2019 and my new year's resolution is to actually do at least one of my resolutions. So, take that!
In regards to managing my chorus, here's a slew of resolutions that I'll be considering. I've even included links to solutions for achieving them. Feel free to choose a few resolutions (and solutions) for yourself!
- I will minimize meaningless data entry.
- I will find ways to automate my work so I can get more done with less effort.
- I will work to improve chorus communications.
- I will find new ways to engage singers.
- I will make more time for marketing and fundraising initiatives.
- I will not get frustrated when things don't change quickly enough for my taste.
- I will make more attempts to connect with new singers.
- I will continue building on relationships with returning singers.
- I will work to engage our audiences in more chorus-related activities.
- I will utilize new channels for recruiting singers.
- I will try new things to find major donors.
- I will identify a more efficient way to track attendance at rehearsals and performances.
- I will enhance our annual fund initiatives to bring in new donors and increase donations.
- I will build out our community outreach programs.
- I will get our donor data cleaned up once and for all.
- I will make more time to appreciate my dedicated team of volunteers.
- I will put better contingency planning in place for volunteer turnover.
- I will work to make our choir a more accessible and more inclusive space for all.
- I will find ways to save time so I can accomplish at least one of these resolutions.
Happy new year to all! Wishing you a productive and fulfilling year.