The goal of choir management software is simple: instead of using numerous tools to manage your chorus (spreadsheets, Dropbox, Google Groups, PayPal, more spreadsheets, etc.), you should be able to manage everything in one place. Which begs the question...
What Does Choir Management Software Actually Do?
Specific features vary from vendor to vendor, but here are some of the most common:
- Choir membership directory where singers can update their contact info themselves
- Payment center where members can pay for dues, music, etc.
- Treasurer reports
- Attendance tracker
- Calendar with RSVP functionality
- Drag-and-drop riser charts
- Music library
- File storage
- Bulletin board where members can communicate with each other
- Group email lists for emailing the whole group, individual sections, or small ensembles
- And more!
Who Can Benefit from Choir Management Software?
Everyone in the chorus can benefit from choir management software! It can...
- Save time for your leaders, including chorus managers, section leaders, artistic staff, board members, and committee volunteers.
- Make it easier for singers to find important information.
- Give singers simple ways to learn about and connect with each other.
How Much Does Choir Management Software Cost?
Pricing varies from vendor to vendor and is usually roughly based on the size of your organization. Chorus Connection, for example, costs $240/yr* for a chorus with up to 25 users** and $1800/yr* for a chorus with up to 300 users**. You can find a complete list of prices here.
* Prices are for annual billing.
** Includes singers, staff, and anyone else who will need access to the system.
How Do I Get Started?
Tori Cook is the Director of Sales & Marketing at Chorus Connection. She is the former Music Director of the Harborlight Show Chorus, outgoing President of Chorus pro Musica, and sings with Tanglewood Festival Chorus in Boston. When not making music, she daydreams about adopting a golden retriever puppy and scuba diving to exotic locations around the world.