When considering choir management software for your chorus, finding the "right" time to implement it is important. While a chorus can certainly implement choir management software at any time in the year, we recommend doing it in the summer. Here are ten reasons why:
- Staff and volunteers have time to get the software set up without simultaneously stressing about concert preparations.
- You'll have more time to thoroughly test and decide how your chorus wants to use the platform before signing up your members.
- You'll also have time to plan out an onboarding strategy and training for users.
- Getting started at the beginning of your fiscal year streamlines online member payments and keeps your financial reports in one place!
- Attendance tracking can start right from the beginning of the new concert season; no need to switch tools mid-season.
- It is less confusing for singers than starting to use a new system mid-season.
- It is a good opportunity for singers to review their contact info at the start of the new season.
- New members will immediately adopt the platform having not been used to using something else. Plus, they'll be able to learn the names of everyone as soon as they start using the member directory!
- Everyone will be rested up by the time the season starts and they will be more excited to try something new when September rolls around.
- You can set up your whole rehearsal and concert calendar for the entire year so your members can plan ahead.
Tori Cook is the former Director of Sales & Marketing at Chorus Connection. She sings with the Tanglewood Festival Chorus and is a board member of the Greater Boston Choral Consortium. In a past life, she was the Music Director of the Harborlight Show Chorus and President of Chorus pro Musica in Boston. When not making music, she daydreams about adopting a golden retriever puppy and scuba diving to exotic locations around the world.